Who are the NZCBS?
The New Zealand Confederation of Billiard Sports are an Incorporated Sports Body set up by concerned Billiard Sports players who saw a need to unite all Billiard Sports Codes within New Zealand. The NZCBS have been recognised by and given authority by SPARC to be the NZ Governing Body of “Billiard Sports” in New Zealand. As a SPARC recognised Governing Body all our member associations are able to access funding through gaming trusts. The NZCBS do not control any of the activities of any of our “Member Associations” within the organisation. These Member Associations continue to look after their own events and provide competition for their respective players.
To be the governing body for Billiard Sports, to unify all billiard sports codes and strive to be financially independent through new and interesting initiatives and to engender a strong sport where players and administrators alike can look forward to maintaining and enchancing their playing skills and professional aspirations.
More about the objects of the Association:
- Create opportunities for players and administrators to reach their potential
- Initiate a coaching programme for coaches, players and administrators
- Support international competition and participation
- Promote Billiard Sports within New Zealand for the good of the sport and for the overall benefit of its members
- Conduct its afairs that benefit all Billiard Sports
- Advance an dpromote Billiard Sports at every opportunity
- Negotiate with governmental bodies and other municipal bodies for funding and sponsorship
- Assist member organisations with preparation and approval of funding applications where needed
For further information on the NZCBS please see their website at www.nzcbs.org.nz